News & stories relating to our dental & cosmetic treatments.
The truth about Wrinkle smoothing treatments
Anti-wrinkle injections can relax facial muscles to eliminate forehead and eye wrinkles — maximal improvement with minimal intervention. The beauty of minimally invasive skincare is that these services can be conveniently performed by Dr.Salimi right at your consultation appointment with little or no downtime.
These injections allow patients to have a fresher, rejuvenated, less tired look. It is a safe, effective proven method of treating fine lines and wrinkles when performed by an experienced practitioner. It works by inhibiting muscle activity. Repeated muscle activity leads to wrinkles that form bunny lines of the nose, deep wrinkles between the eyebrows, horizontal wrinkles of the forehead and wrinkles of the outer corner of the eyes (crow’s feet).All of these wrinkles may be eradicated by the treatment.
Dr.Salimi can also slightly elevate the eyebrows to give a refreshed, less tired appearance, without leaving a “surprised” look. The treatment is a superb option for patients who do not want surgery, but want the same improvement of the deep creases and furrows of the face. The results can be remarkable when performed in the proper hands. Dr.Salimi is uniquely trained in the location and activity of the muscles of the face and has gained lots of experience throughout his 9 years practice in injectables. He recognizes that each patient is different, and therefore individualizes his injection for what each patient needs. Often Dr. Salimi will have patients whose eyebrows are not symmetric, and one hangs lower than the other. By creating a specific injection plan for each individual, Dr.Salimi can artistically place more units on one side versus the other to regain symmetry between the two sides of the face.
Dr.Salimi uses exceptionally small needles, about the thickness of a human hair, and uses a gentle touch to minimize discomfort and prevent bruising. There is no down time for injections. Makeup can go on right away and you can return to work or go to dinner that night without worry.
7 Habits That Make Skin Age Faster
Many of the external causes of aging skin are determined by the health and lifestyle decisions you make every day. Making unhealthy choices can cause prematurely aging skin, and this makes you look older, faster.
An important part of any anti-aging skin care program is to know what you may be doing that is harming your skin and speeding up your skin's aging process.
Here are 7 habits that contribute to aging skin, making you look older than your years:
1. Smoking: Whether you smoke, or you spend time with a smoker, cigarette smoke is damaging -- and aging -- to your skin. Research has shown that exposure to cigarette smoke significantly increases skin wrinkles and dryness. This is partly due to the behavior of smoking, and also because cigarette smoke depletes your body of Vitamin C, which is a key ingredient for keeping skin plump and moist.
2. Sun Exposure: Sun exposure is very aging to skin. Unprotected skin that is exposed to the sun becomes more mottled in appearance. Freckles can turn into brown sun spots, the skin takes on a dry, leathery appearance, and wrinkles and sagging increase. The risk of skin cancer is significantly increased by sun exposure. The good news is that sun damage is avoidable, and if you start now, you can improve the condition of sun damaged skin.
See our fully qualified Health Practitioner, Parisa to assess the amount of sun damage you may have, and to rule out possible skin cancers. She may be able to prescribe medical treatments that can help to reduce existing sun damage.
If you want to avoid aging skin but don’t want to avoid the sun, make sure you use sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Choose sunscreen with SPF of 50 or higher, and use it all year-round, even on cloudy days. Clouds do not protect you from ultraviolet ray exposure.
3. Lack of Exercise: Living a sedentary life contributes to aging skin, because exercise helps to tone your muscles and get your blood flowing. Exercise should be an important part of every anti-aging skin care program. Researchers have also discovered that sedentary older adults are at higher risk for dementia. In addition to the physical benefits of exercise, the benefits of a regular exercise program will show on your face. Having a bright smile and lots of energy will help you look and feel younger, at any age.
4. Exposure to cold weather: Cold winds and low temperatures contribute to aging skin by making skin dry, so if you venture out in the cold be sure to use a good moisturizer. It’s important to use moisturizer indoors too, as heated rooms can be very drying to skin. Consider using a humidifier to help keep your skin more comfortable and reduce the aging skin effects of heated rooms.
5. Alcohol use: Alcohol contributes to aging skin by dilating small blood vessels in the skin and increasing blood flow near the skin's surface. Over time, these blood vessels can become permanently damaged, creating a flushed appearance and broken vessels on the skin’s surface.
6. Stress: Maybe you’ve heard this expression: “Don’t frown, your face could stay that way.” Stress and worry cause frowning, and over time the muscles in the face actually conform to that movement. To help reduce aging skin due to stress, be aware of your stress level and try to vary your facial expressions during the day. A good skin care program should include anti-wrinkle injections (botox), meditation, yoga, gentle exercise or other relaxation techniques. Keeping stress in check -- and frown lines and aging skin wrinkles to a minimum -- will help you look and feel younger.
7. Lack of sleep: Too little sleep makes you look and feel tired. One of the first places lack up sleep shows up is on the face, with dark circles and bags under the eyes, and sagging skin. Lack of sleep is also a major factor in memory loss and symptoms of depression that include low interest in daily activities and negative thinking.
Research has shown that most adults function best with 8-9 hours of sleep each night. Reduce caffeine during the day (with none in the evening), avoid eating at least 2 hours before bedtime, and maintain a sleep routine that includes going to bed at the same time each night.
If you are having trouble sleeping, for any reason, it’s important to see your health care provider.
While some signs of aging skin are inevitable, there’s a lot you can do to look your best at any age. Taking good care of yourself is the most important step in your anti-aging skin care program.
For further information or to book a consultation with us please call 01932570099.
Zap! your unwanted hair away with our GentleMax technology
With spring just around the corner, doing the pits is big business. Some might think lasering armpits is an indulgence when you can just grab a Bic razor and lather up. Not our customers who have tried our magic machine.
The GentleMax Pro is two lasers in one, also called as the Rolls Royce of laser. It’s considered “colour-blind,” because the touch screen allows the doctor to easily select the ideal setting based on skin tone and colour. Parisa uses the Nd:YAG for darker skin types, because it’s safer and more effective. Those with lighter skin tones derive the most benefit from the Alexandrite.
Without getting too technical, it’s an “integrated treatment system using laser technology to deliver an intense but gentle burst of energy onto targeted areas of the skin.”
The laser can be used anywhere you want to rid yourself of unwanted hair, and it’s done inside a physician’s room because it’s so powerful. Both practitioner and patient wear protective eye wear designed specifically for the procedure. The GentleMax Pro is made by Syneron/Candela, and it’s received rave reviews.
You can download our full price list from the Home page of our website. Don't forget to take out the 40% we are offering this month on all Laser treatments. Hurry, offer runs out on the 31st of March 2014!
Hyaluronic Acid Fillers in Skin Rejuvanation
Bioengineered hyaluronic acid derivatives are currently available that provide for safe and effective soft-tissue augmentation in the comprehensive approach to nonsurgical facial rejuvenation. Current hyaluronic acid fillers do not require preinjection skin testing and produce reproducible, longer-lasting, nonpermanent results compared with other fillers, such as collagen.
Bioengineered hyaluronic acid fillers allow for safe and effective augmentation of selected anatomical regions of the face, when properly administered. Combined treatment with botulinum toxin type A can enhance the effects and longevity by as much as 50 percent. Key components to optimal filler administration include proper anatomical evaluation, changing or combining various fillers based on particle size, altering the depth of injection, using different injection techniques, and coadministration of botulinum toxin type A when indicated. Concomitant administration of hyaluronic acid fillers along with surgical methods of facial rejuvenation can serve as a powerful tool in maximizing a comprehensive treatment plan.
Current techniques in nonsurgical facial rejuvenation and shaping with hyaluronic acid fillers are safe, effective, and long-lasting. Combination regimens that include surgical facial rejuvenation techniques and/or coadministration of botulinum toxin type A further optimize results, leading to greater patient satisfaction. See our patient's Before and After treatment below: