Elionce™ Polydioxanone Thread Lift (PDO Thread Lift)
Elionce™ threads are made of Polydioxanone, which is a soluble synthetic material that has been around for over 30 years and used widely in surgery worldwide.
Scientific research has shown that Polydioxanone thread lift not only tightens the skin but also stimulates the production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid in thread lift treatments.
These are the vital requirements for a more youthful and plumper face, offering similar results to a facelift without the need for surgery.
Elionce™ threads are introduced beneath the skin into the fat or muscle layers using a fine needle injection, meaning that no cuts or incisions are required.
Our specifically designed needles and cannulas are aimed at achieving a smooth and comfortable treatment. A lifting effect is almost instantaneous depending on the area treated, rejuvenating and regenerating the skin whilst bringing a natural improvement to facial structure.
Recovery times are usually less than one week, and the results from the procedure will continue to develop over the days and weeks after treatment.
Silhouette Soft® is a non-surgical, minimally invasive treatment to lift the skin.
Polylactic acid (PLA), the main component of Silhouette Soft® is a well-known polymer that has been used for many years in a number of biomedical and pharmaceutical applications.
It has a long history of use as resorbable suture, a drug delivery system and in surgery - in particular in orthopaedic fixation devices such as pins, rods and screws*. It is also a key material in the development of tissue engineering**.
Silhouette Soft® are made of a Poly L-Lacitc Acid monofilament with molded cones made of Lactide/ Glycolide. It was developed by scientists in the USA using reconstructive and aesthetic surgical expertise.
The suture acts as scaffolding under the surface of the skin to lift sagging soft tissues. The cones both hold the threads in place, and in time stimulates the body’s production of collagen to replace depleted facial volume which diminishes with age.
Why Silhouette Soft®?
- Immediate lifting effect
- Progressive restoration of the body’s own lost collagen
- Entirely re-absorbable material
- Non-surgical technique
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Minimal recovery time
- Natural looking effect
* Athanasiou KA - Sterilization, toxicity, biocompatibilty and clinical applications of polylactic acid / polyglycolic acid copolymers Biomaterials 1996; 17: 93-102
** Gentile P - An overview of Poly (Lactic-co-glycolic) acid (PLGA) - based biomaterials for bone tissue engineering - Int J Mol Sci 2014; 15: 3640-3659
How does Silhouette Soft® work?
One Treatment, two actions:
- A lifting action for immediate effect.
- A regenerative action for gradual and natural looking results. Over time Silhouette Soft stimulates the regeneration of lost collagen to recapture youthful definition and restore volume. The result is a nuanced, soft and natural looking face.
Only Silhouette Soft® combines these dual procedures in a two-stage action never achieved before.
What is the process?
- Local anaesthetic is applied to the face and a specially trained doctor inserts the Silhouette Soft thread under the skin using a fine needle.
- After inserting the thread, the doctor applies slight pressure on the treated area to reshape the surface of the skin and achieve the immediate lift.
- Treatment with Silhouette Soft can only be performed by a specially trained doctor.
- Silhouette Soft is a unique treatment which can be carried out on a variety of areas of the face with long lasting results
How do I know I am suitable?
From the age of 40 we lose 1% of collagen a year. This diminishing volume causes the overlying skin becomes lax and it droops downwards. If you can lift your skin upwards by one centimetre with your fingers you may be suitable for Silhouette Soft treatment.